When “Portland” comes to your town, where are you gonna go?

There’s also people there who didn’t vote for pro Antifa scum.

Everything that’s happening combined with the lack of local leadership seems like a recipe for a mass exodus.
Anyone who has any sense would move, if they stay they deserve whatever comes their way

I go to Austin about 7 to 10 times a year and you are 100% correct. Place used to be fantastic. I will never understand it. It is overrun by Californians. They are supercool people to meet and hang with... BUT, the crap they vote for as in politicians and policies is unbelievable. I mean, they leave Cali because they screwed it up, and then they invade Austin and screw it up. Just like a virus.

Unfortunately, quite a few techies from California moved there and some that graduated from UTA and became future educators, never left.

A friend of my wife lives there and has brought up the increasing homeless population, similarities to California with human crap in the streets, among other issues.

That part of Texas will be forever blue.

Last edited:
Reactions: volfanjustin
On the other hand, Austin is slowly turning into a cesspool and it's only a few hours away from me. Not quite there yet, but the wheels are in motion.
Austin was a pretty small town for a long time, being off the radar allowed it to be weird. Now housing is skyrocketing and the weirdos are being systematically priced out of the city. So it's just a bunch of hipsters telling each other how weird they are making $150k living in a condo that's 3 years old.

Reactions: sierraorange
Unfortunately, quite a few techies from California moved there and some that graduated from UTA and became future educators, never left.

A friend of my wife's lives there and has brought up the increasing homeless population, similarities to California with human crap in the streets, among other issues.

That part of Texas will be forever blue.

In 2018, I went down and was blown away by the homeless population. The people I meet with told me that in 2016, the homeless were given $100 and free food/water to just exist and walk around with wi-fi radio vests so that the SXSW festival attendees could have roaming Internet access. That's how many homeless were there.

Austin was a pretty small town for a long time, being off the radar allowed it to be weird. Now housing is skyrocketing and the weirdos are being systematically priced out of the city. So it's just a bunch of hipsters telling each other how weird they are making $150k living in a condo that's 3 years old.

My neighbor's kid who recently graduated from UTA, is a part of that group. Paid somewhere close to 300k for their half of a duplex.

In 2018, I went down and was blown away by the homeless population. The people I meet with told me that in 2016, the homeless were given $100 and free food/water to just exist and walk around with wi-fi radio vests so that the SXSW festival attendees could have roaming Internet access. That's how many homeless were there.

Taxpayer funded. I assume.

Me, my girlfriend and her younger sister drove down to Austin early one morning to enjoy the mountain before it got crowded and viscously hot. This weird male intoxicated on who knows what approached us. He asked for money and I told him we didn't have any. He said something that was incomprehensible and walked to a different area on the mountain. A little later he returns and starts walking very intently towards my girlfriend saying that he knows "she's got something for him". At that point I got physical with him and was able to handle the situation. Although none of us got hurt I was scared to death. He was intoxicated on something and I've heard stories of people doing really nasty things to people when they get on certain types of drugs. The mountain was not very crowded and I was scared so bad that If I wasn't able to physically stop this dude that my girlfriend and her sister could be in serious danger. It all ended up being ok and I was able to handle him. How utterly afraid I was in that moment has left a lasting impression on me
Bad situation; fortunately you were able to handle it.

They haven’t, but I’m not in the world of academia......I just think this “I identify as” stuff is lunacy. It doesn’t trigger me or piss me off.... I just think it’s stupid and enables more stupidity. I do like the sound of King Carl though

No surprise there.

VN Store

Back