Who Sabotaged The Nordstream Pipelines?

Who Sabotaged the Nordstream 2 Pipeline? And Why?

• Germany

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Great Britain

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • France

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • USA

Votes: 47 46.5%
  • Russia

Votes: 26 25.7%
  • China

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Other (list your theory)

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Ukraine

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Trump

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Bama

Votes: 11 10.9%

• Total voters
I think the likely scenario is someone sent a pig down the line with explosives. That’s a very short list of entities who have that access. It does have more than Russia on that list. But they seem most probable to me.

We used to run those pigs from Atlanta to Nashville when I was a pipeliner for a short time.
I was in the yard at the East Nashville terminal, just near where Titans Stadium is today, one night and things went quiet.
I was like wth, alarms going off. Somehow the main valve to the station shut. It was weird as I was in training, but nobody would do that intentionally for training. I would think.
Hundreds or perhaps thousands of gallons (I dont remember gpm rates on that 12" line) of fuel diverted to the overflow tank on other side of town.

I think the likely scenario is someone sent a pig down the line with explosives. That’s a very short list of entities who have that access. It does have more than Russia on that list. But they seem most probable to me.
I don't think that line is a two way. The only way anyone sent a pig full of explosives was if it came from Russia's side.

How would you detonate a pig? Timer?One would have to look at where the terminals are located. It would have to placed at the last point of entry.
It shouldn't be hard to track something like that through a pipeline, but if we're talking Russia, maybe it was?

Reactions: AM64
How would you detonate a pig? Timer?One would have to look at where the terminals are located. It would have to placed at the last point of entry.

Edit: IDR a mainline pig as I was on a stubline.
I’d guess timer is the obvious method. I’m just speculating like everyone else. But the blast forensics would easily tell us if it was external or internal. If it was internal I’d guess it was piggybacked on a pig.

It shouldn't be hard to track something like that through a pipeline, but if we're talking Russia, maybe it was?

I cannot remember the intake and outputs of a pig on a mainline or even if pone could shoot one from NO to NYC, but those things were just rubber and rather light and sometimes when pulled out were all beat up and in pieces in a strainer. And that was only say 250 miles from Atlanta to Nashville. I would bet the pipeline is like 48-60" and thousands of miles though so who knows.

I’d guess timer is the obvious method. I’m just speculating like everyone else. But the blast forensics would easily tell us if it was external or internal. If it was internal I’d guess it was piggybacked on a pig.

If it was internal..yes that is the ONLY collision. Good theory maybe.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
Correct me if I am wrong..but this explosion was Nord Stream 1, not 2, which I thought was never completed.

And funny to see that Biden took a Trump stand as well, yet folks got lathered up when Trump said it was a serious geopolitical mistake.

Correct me if I am wrong..but this explosion was Nord Stream 1, not 2, which I thought was never completed.

And funny to see that Biden took a Trump stand as well, yet folks got lathered up when Trump said it was a serious geopolitical mistake.
There were two explosions and I thought both pipelines were affected.

Reactions: Orangeburst
There were two explosions and I thought both pipelines were affected.

I never realized they were concurrent

Nordstream.png

Nord-Stream-CMS-image.png

Last edited:
Reactions: NorthDallas40

It is interesting that you can't find pictures or video of the blast sites other than those snippets released months ago.

I have no idea who did it but I don't understand the Russia did it angle.

Seems they could just shut it down if they wanted to starve W Europe of oil/gas and that they presumably would want to resume the flow once things settled down with Ukraine - destroying it makes the post war revenue problematic at best.

If they did it to blame it on US then they sure didn't push that angle very hard and it's not sure what the end game would be in doing so.

What am I missing about why Russia would do it?

Reactions: Orangeburst
I have no idea who did it but I don't understand the Russia did it angle.

Seems they could just shut it down if they wanted to starve W Europe of oil/gas and that they presumably would want to resume the flow once things settled down with Ukraine - destroying it makes the post war revenue problematic at best.

If they did it to blame it on US then they sure didn't push that angle very hard and it's not sure what the end game would be in doing so.

What am I missing about why Russia would do it?

If they did it it was to drive a wedge between us and NATO, primarily Germany.

don't see how it would accomplish that

If it was done in their waters they could have controlled the narrative and what was put out, framed the US.

Weren’t we pressuring Germany to cut off purchasing Russian gas at the time?

If it was done in their waters they could have controlled the narrative and what was put out, framed the US.

but they didn't - so what was the point? if anything it motivated Germany to get off their ass and help the Ukraine. hardly in Putin's interest

interesting but frightening at what else he might do to stop a successor (eg burn it all down)
doesn't necessarily mean it would be his idea. he's been considered a levee holding back radicals in the military and to a lesser extent civilian government. Could just be an actor who wants to see him stay in the big chair

VN Store

Back