Who Sabotaged The Nordstream Pipelines?

Who Sabotaged the Nordstream 2 Pipeline? And Why?

• Germany

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Great Britain

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • France

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • USA

Votes: 47 46.5%
  • Russia

Votes: 26 25.7%
  • China

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Other (list your theory)

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Ukraine

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Trump

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Bama

Votes: 11 10.9%

• Total voters
Don't have a clue, but I've given up on logic for stuff like this. Regardless of speculation, I don't see anyone with clear gains from what was an act of environmental and economic terrorism ... unless perhaps you include an international chit stirrer like China just in it to promote global strife.
If the US is wanting to get Europe reliant on American LNG or if NATO wants to maintain its commitment to "keep Germany down"... those are really the only two logical motives.

I still think the US used a proxy like Poland or the UK. That's just how we roll. Plausible deniability.

I know if I wanted to stop the flow of my countries gas out of a pipeline, I'd just close a valve, so I could open it again if the price was right. Russia didn't do this, more than likely it was us.

It could have been us or us by proxy but I'd like to see pictures. It will be easy to tell if the explosion was internal or external.

Reactions: StarRaider
If the US is wanting to get Europe reliant on American LNG or if NATO wants to maintain its commitment to "keep Germany down"... those are really the only two logical motives.

I still think the US used a proxy like Poland or the UK. That's just how we roll. Plausible deniability.

Our current admin doesn't want to keep germany down. Both governments have pretty similar goals.

Reactions: davethevol and AM64
Has anyone done a scan of world wide news coverage? I'll guess the country(countries) with the least coverage are the most guilty.

Keep America in, keep Russia out and keep Germany down... who told Habeck that the US was a "friendly" country to Germany? Is this guy that stupid?

Reactions: LSU-SIU
IMO there is a geopolitical game that we all do not get.
IMO, the US is just carrying the baton for the UKs 150+ year rivalry with both Germany and Russia. From the Crimean War and battle over central Asia with Russia to the days of Otto von Bismarck and the unification of German states, Britain has had it out for both countries. America picked up the baton once the UK lost its shine after WWII.

IMO, the US is just carrying the baton for the UKs 150+ year rivalry with both Germany and Russia. From the Crimean War and battle over central Asia with Russia to the days of Otto von Bismarck and the unification of German states, Britain has had it out for both countries. America picked up the baton once the UK lost its shine after WWII.

I Just saw Kirby deniability and blamed it on yes sir..Russian propaganda..yet we haven't had any.

Keep America in, keep Russia out and keep Germany down... who told Habeck that the US was a "friendly" country to Germany? Is this guy that stupid?

I'd guess Habeck should take the issue of price up with commodity traders setting the prices unless he thinks for some reason that we should force supplier to provide NG gas below the going rate - or subsidize it. That's clearly a price chart used in commodity trading - complete with the ups and downs. Ask who is responsible for those ups and downs - the answer is pretty clear. Want to fix chaos in energy market? Fix how commodity investments are done - people gambling in markets for profit are directly affecting the safety and welfare of people across the globe.

I HAVE FOUND THE DASTARDLY CULPRIT!!!!! Taped admission of guilt! Problem solved.

Blinken and the black lesbian press flack (no need to know or pronounce her name, just why they picked her) to have a press conference in the morning with the MSM wanting to ask if Joe still gets ice cream when the weather gets cold.

giphy.gif

Reactions: oz615 and AM64
Our peep would not greenlight that mission. There's not much upside, but the downside risk would be huge.

George Galloway said yesterday that in fact, one of the pipelines isn't really damaged after all. Apparently, with some coordination with Germany, they may be able to get at least that one on line rather quickly.

Just read an article in The Drive by Thomas Newdick. Makes you wonder if his former name was Bobbitt.

Reactions: EasternVol
Yes. The Drive has a lot of pretty interesting articles. Even the ones a couple of years old down the right side of the page are generally worth the tread.

What do you think about the B-21? Public Debut in December and looks to be on time/budget? Pac Rim centric

One of my Go-Tos

I like the articles they have about planes and the quirky things some do. My brother has told me about several first hand experiences. One of the best was sitting in the back seat of an F-106 and letting a test pilot in training get a familiarization flight. He'd done a few before and said the guys were all very capable, so this day he didn't really crank down on the harnesses as much as he would if he planned to do any real maneuvering. The F-106 had a habit at full throttle of wanting to climb - eventually getting to the point that full forward stick and full down trim wouldn't compensate. So they were cruising along over the Gulf out of Tyndall, and the guy in front had everything pushed down and they were still climbing, so my brother told him it was time to throttle back a bit. The guy apparently pulled the throttle almost to idle, and my brother said the next thing he knew was he's jammed against the top of the canopy, can't get his hands on anything, and staring at water. He said he finally got to the trim button on the stick enough to get the negative G's under control and get the nose coming up.

He also said most recent fighters don't slow down very fast when you throttle back, but he flew an F-4 once at Tyndall while setting up an exercise. He said you pull the throttles back on an F-4 and it's like hitting the brakes. I remember back when the F-4 was new, comments like if you use big enough engines, you can make a brick fly, so they all fly differently in one way or another. Somebody said with respect to Republic and the F-105 that Republic could make a plane that would fly around the globe, but you'd have to have a runway that went a third of the way around to get it in the air.

Reactions: Orangeburst
What do you think about the B-21? Public Debut in December and looks to be on time/budget? Pac Rim centric

I haven't read a lot about it or how they plan to use it. I think it's interesting that they keep extending the B-52 use and are refitting it with new engines again. That makes you think that there's still a lot that the B-21 may not accomplish but needs to be done. Maybe it's payload, reliability, or cost of newer bombers; but it seems interesting that the B-52 just isn't going away.

VN Store

Back