Worst 2-0 team in the country?

I simply don't understand the argument that if you speak the truth, you are a pathetic fan.

And the truth is that the team looks poorly prepared, the coaching so far this year is sub par, the disciplined team that was rarely penalized last year is nowhere to be seen, and overall the offense has regressed....these are real concerns. Sticking your head in the sand and calling others pathetic doesn't change that.

Reactions: 8 people
I understand thathat occasionally you will struggle against lesser opponents but this is awful. The nation is laughing at our preseason hype. This is an awful football team. VaTech gave us the gift of a win with all the turnovers. This will be a long freaking year.

Reactions: 2 people
Negavols on the loose!

We will be fine, just need to get Coleman Thomas out of the game and stop getting bit by the injury bug.

I'm sorry but I'm going to respectfully disagree. If you think those are our only issues you need to take the orange sunglasses off and actually watch some good teams who know how to play effective offensive football. Examples would include Texas, Alabama, Michigan, Louisville, Houston. Just to name a few.

Reactions: 1 person
Our fans don't deserve to have a good football coach. As soon as he makes a mistake, we want him fired. If I was a head coach, no way in hell I'd come to Tennessee.

Reactions: 4 people
Josh Dobbs wouldn't make a good high school qb and yet we have him as a starting qb.....go figure.

Surely we have someone on the team that is capable of completing at least a 10 yd. pass.

I'm not a huge fan of some of our coaches, but this is on the players. We dropped a touchdown pass and overthrew another one. Dobbs has hit two guys in the helmet and one got intercepted. Injuries are worrisome but that's football. There's another wide open touchdown we missed. Watch the game, not the scoreboard.

I simply don't understand the argument that if you speak the truth, you are a pathetic fan.

And the truth is that the team looks poorly prepared, the coaching so far this year is sub par, the disciplined team that was rarely penalized last year is nowhere to be seen, and overall the offense has regressed....these are real concerns. Sticking your head in the sand and calling others pathetic doesn't change that.

Preach it brotha!! Preach it!!!!

I excused the App near-loss as first game jitters and looking past them to VT. The VT game, I saw that there were indeed serious issues with this team, but hoped that we could adapt.

This game, it's over. This team is without question poorly coached and poorly prepared. I can't recall another team anywhere to return this much talent for so little return.

At this point, I will be surprised if we win as many games as we did last year.

Butch will hold on for another season or two, but I think we finally part ways then, barring some unforeseen and incredible turnaround.

Last edited:
Our fans don't deserve to have a good football coach. As soon as he makes a mistake, we want him fired. If I was a head coach, no way in hell I'd come to Tennessee.

Sorry the team has under performed....where do you place blame. In college football crap runs UPHILL,butch is at the top.

I'm not a huge fan of some of our coaches, but this is on the players. We dropped a touchdown pass and overthrew another one. Dobbs has hit two guys in the helmet and one got intercepted. Injuries are worrisome but that's football. There's another wide open touchdown we missed. Watch the game, not the scoreboard.

Execution is very poor today

If there is a more unimpressive top twenty team, I'd like for someone to point them out to me.

giphy.gif

Luckily, you're not at the helm. We'd top out at five or six wins every year.

I would love to get paid millions to be mediocre at my job and then still get paid millions to be fired for it. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me.

He had made more then one mistake. He has made lots in 4 years. He is a mediocre coach that belongs in the MAC

I will partially agree with your comment. BUT, as a coach, if you can't see over the last 2 seasons that you have a quarterback that can't stretch the field with his inability to make a downfield throw then it's on you. Dobbs is doing all he is capable of doing but he does not have the ability to make the throws that are required to be highly successful at this level. And before anyone throws it out there, No, I can not make those throws either, but it doesn't mean I can't make objective observations.

VN Store

Back