Woe is us!

Is 20 years a dry spell or a trend though?
It's definitely a trend... but was Clemson football a National Championship contender from 1992 - 2011? They lost at least 3 games in every one of those 20 seasons and lost at least 5 games in 13 out of those 20 seasons. They even had a 3-8 season in 1998... and that was in a much worse conference than the SEC in those years. With the right hire, things can change. Saying that Tennessee will NEVER be elite again (as that column did) is short-sighted and kind of silly.

It's definitely a trend... but was Clemson football a National Championship contender from 1992 - 2011? They lost at least 3 games in every one of those 20 seasons and lost at least 5 games in 13 out of those 20 seasons. They even had a 3-8 season in 1998... and that was in a much worse conference than the SEC in those years. With the right hire, things can change. Saying that Tennessee will NEVER be elite again (as that column did) is short-sighted and kind of silly.

Never? Of course. It’s clickbait.

But will Tennessee reach the heights of the 90’s again? I have doubts.

It's just clickbait. I'm not biting.
It is ... Every internet sports blogger out there knows that Tennessee has a large, passionate and very sensitive fan base that spends a lot of time circulating these kinds of columns. That is what the writer was going for... I would bet the douche canoe is lurking on here right now and laughing his arse off.

Reactions: CampBlount
Bleacher report is filled with a bunch of liberal cucks that think humans can be 17 different Genders. Don't place much stock in anything they say, especially thing's that matter like Tennessee football

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Unfortunately there’s a lot of truth in that article. And most of that truth came from one line by Spurrier. We used to have advantages in facilities and recruiting.....not anymore.

Reactions: VolFanInHawaii
How are you holding up these days my friend?I know you have had a difficult year. Hope you are finding peace and things are slowly getting better. Think of you and your family often when I see one of your posts.
I'm hanging in there Hoss. Some days are easier than others but I'm pushing forward. I miss her every moment of every day but I got four pieces of her and they are the reason I get out of bed every morning. Sometimes I still can't quite believe she's gone but I have accepted it.

Thank you for the kind words. Like I've said many times yall helped me in ways you'll never know. The love and support yall gave me helped me stay strong for her and our kids. I'm forever indebted to the Volnation. Yall kept me sane and standing for the last 18+ months.

He’s probably right. Any of you think Nebraska is going to win national titles any time soon?
Anytime soon? Sure. Frost is recruiting very well and he can coach a little bit. Thats a great place to play college football.
If you look at the areas of the country they are targeting for recruits... they absolutely can acquire a National Championship caliber team.

Oregon was very close for about a good 5-year window and the state of Oregon is also lacking "in-state" talent like Nebraska.

Anytime soon? Sure. Frost is recruiting very well and he can coach a little bit. Thats a great place to play college football.
If you look at the areas of the country they are targeting for recruits... they absolutely can acquire a National Championship caliber team.

Oregon was very close for about a good 5-year window and the state of Oregon is also lacking "in-state" talent like Nebraska.
Osborne used to juice those players up in those days before drug testing

It's a pretty old story but a former Offensive Lineman named Bill Lewis from the early 80's detailed it several years back. You can probably find a link by just Googling "Bill Lewis Nebraska steroid use". It definitely wasn't just Nebraska though. My biggest problem with them was their chop blocking and leg whipping techniques... which they did with regularity, sometimes it was called, a lot of times it wasn't. They chop blocked Shaun Ellis multiple times in the '00 Fiesta Bowl.

just more off-season drivel...somebody got a deadline and the best thing is to pick someone that's down and stir the stink pot...professional sport journalism is dead...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

It's a pretty old story but a former Offensive Lineman named Bill Lewis from the early 80's detailed it several years back. You can probably find a link by just Googling "Bill Lewis Nebraska steroid use". It definitely wasn't just Nebraska though. My biggest problem with them was their chop blocking and leg whipping techniques... which they did with regularity, sometimes it was called, a lot of times it wasn't. They chop blocked Shaun Ellis multiple times in the '00 Fiesta Bowl.

the Russians were the experts at "doping" it in the sixties...that's where it started...the captured German scientists had it perfected...:D

GO BIG ORANGE!

Also took the luckiest hire of the century too.

I’m not saying it can’t happen. But each year that goes by where Tennessee doesn’t do anything meaningful is another year further away from being relevant. If Pruitt isn’t the guy the cycle continues again.
Yeah? And?

I mean you guys are like battered spouses living in the past, traumatized over the future. It’s called BVS for a reason. Wow.

Pruitt is an entirely different animal than any HC we’ve ever had before including Fulmer. He owns a fistful of NC rings from different schools. His recruiting is 5-star even at our crapshow of a program. He’s brought in a 5-star staff who WANTS to work with him and ensure he succeeds. His football pedigree is obvious and known.

Of course none of that means he’ll succeed as the head guy. So what? In life you go with the pedigree and “trust but verify” that you’re going in the right direction. Everything else is just speculative BS. Pruitt is rebuilding a “Tennessee” program from the weight room to the practice fields to what’s served on the table not imposing another school’s program on us. The wins will come or they won’t but either way we’re far better off.

Here’s what I do know: this team is actually looking forward to teeing it up this season and seeing what happens. I haven’t felt that on the Hill in a LONG time. I’m willing to go with that.

Reactions: GRRN7MAXIMS
I know that I have witnessed some losing seasons over the past 11 years but seeing that 7 out of 11 stat really reminds me of how far we have fallen. Would anyone have dreamed this would be our future in the early 2000s?

I know, it seemed like it happened fast......some bright spots sprinkled in there but overall it has tested the fans faith in UT to get them out of the doldrums......

VN Store

Back