4-20 de facto Pot observance day

If drugs were sold in the local liquor store just like Jack it would be easily available, cheapish, and of better quality so 90% of users would probably go that route instead of the street dealer. People don't buy untaxed whiskey now to save money, they buy it for the "experience" or because they live in dry counties. It's mostly a boutique industry now.

Today gangs, cartels the mob have power because they have vast amounts of money to spread around and that money comes from drugs. If that revenue source was reduced by even 70% their ability to operate goes away.

Would also help if we cut down on consumption lol

Would also help if we cut down on consumption lol

We had an exchange student from Spain my senior year in HS and it's always stuck with me how shocked she was that we thought it was a big deal to have drinking parties. It wasn't a big deal to her because at home she could drink whenever she wanted.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
...Oh, and in before all you tax-phobic, small government Rs (oxymoron) chime in to say legalize it and tax it; why would you advocate for the very thing you claim to be against?

Because if that's what gets it to pass, then we end up with more freedom.

Holy hell, it's a 25% tax here in AZ. Gonna push people to have their own plants.

Because if that's what gets it to pass, then we end up with more freedom.

Holy hell, it's a 25% tax here in AZ. Gonna push people to have their own plants.
Well, well. Looks like a netted another big government shill in small government clothing. ;)

Accepting taxation as a way to gain more freedom is a bad spot to be in.

Do a lot of users resort to growing their own (if allowed)?

Well, well. Looks like a netted another big government shill in small government clothing. ;)

Accepting taxation as a way to gain more freedom is a bad spot to be in.

Do a lot of users resort to growing their own (if allowed)?

It's been legal for 2 months and I have no idea, but I imagine the taxes are enough to push a significant number of people to grow their own.

Reactions: McDad
IMHO, the taxation for legalization issue is mitigated a bit since it opens up the provision of value-added products (edibles, supplements, etc) that the typical home grower cannot reasonably create.

I'd rather have the legalization and taxed products than illegal products. Decriminalization would be a compromise I'd take but legalization incentivizes some great (and safer for the lungs) products that can be consumed in exact doses that consumers desire.

IMHO, the taxation for legalization issue is mitigated a bit since it opens up the provision of value-added products (edibles, supplements, etc) that the typical home grower cannot reasonably create.

I'd rather have the legalization and taxed products than illegal products. Decriminalization would be a compromise I'd take but legalization incentivizes some great (and safer for the lungs) products that can be consumed in exact doses that consumers desire.

I don't think making edibles is harder than growing, TBH. If you're willing to grow, you'd probably be willing to make candy.

You think it will stop illegal products from being produced?

I am not a smoker. Have never even tried it. Thought we might like to have a discussion about this country's ridiculous marijuana laws. It is inevitable pot will be legalized or decriminalized in every state eventually. There are a lot of people in jail for growing, selling, and using and more will be added until every state succumbs to the push. It's a waste of government resources to get in the way of a relatively safe drug.
So you're saying you only do edibles? I can respect that.

Reactions: McDad
I don't think making edibles is harder than growing, TBH. If you're willing to grow, you'd probably be willing to make candy.

I'm not talking about home made gummies or brownies, I'm talking known dosage mints, pills and other forms.

Growing is much easier than converting it into other products.

I may or may not have a tin like this

0b1337be-633a-4355-9661-983ff9623392.jpg

Last edited:
More than you are I bet. This whole subject has you quite befuddled
lol yes as someone who once was on a drug task force for law enforcement, then participated in drug addiction counseling as well as helping create an innovative hospital program for drug addicted patients that has worked so well that Level 1 trauma centers all over the country have come to copy it, and all while teaching hundreds of RNs and physicians about drug addiction, usage, behaviors and legal responses to it both from a LE standpoint and a healthcare standpoint, I might know a "little" about the subject :cool:

VN Store

Back