Biden Lowers Price of Oil

As you are a consistent contrarian indicator, seldom wrong by degrees other than one-eighty, I might take this as an encouraging compliment, despite your malevolent intent.

So you've already has one?

The purpose of the OP was to stimulate discussion about inaccuracies from peep who give a President too much credit or too much blame for economic trends. Of course Presidential polices can affect the economy, but so do many other factors. People naturally want things to be simple and easy, but economies are highly complex interactions. They are not simple, and understanding economic trends is not easy.

Last edited:
The purpose of the OP was to stimulate discussion about inaccuracies from peep who give a President too much credit or too much blame for economic trends. Of course Presidential polices can affect the economy, but so do many other factors. People naturally want things to be simple, but economies are highly complex interactions. They are not simple, and understanding economic trends is not easy.
The title kinda defined your purpose yet your article failed to live up to the promise. How exactly did he accomplish that and what were the policies involved? I'm good with complex as I spent years studying economics

The purpose of the OP was to stimulate discussion about inaccuracies from peep who give a President too much credit or too much blame for economic trends. Of course Presidential polices can affect the economy, but so do many other factors. People naturally want things to be simple, but economies are highly complex interactions. They are not simple, and understanding economic trends is not easy.
BrownPresentAmericanblackvulture-size_restricted.gif

The title kinda defined your purpose yet your article failed to live up to the promise. How exactly did he accomplish that and what were the policies involved? I'm good with complex as I spent years studying economics

Then you should be better at it than I am. Why don't you take a crack at the causes of our inflation? Should we consider the historically high rate of corporate profits? I've seen articles stating that corporate profits are at their highest in fifty years. One article said seventy years. Is that a real concern when discussing inflation?

Then you should be better at it than I am. Why don't you take a crack at the causes of our inflation? Should we consider the historically high rate of corporate profits? I've seen articles stating that corporate profits are at their highest in fifty years. One article said seventy years. Is that a real concern when discussing inflation?

Corp profits are not a cause for inflation. The skyrocketing inflation we are experiencing is due to our response to covid and the administrations policies post covid.

We shut down production all over the world, let politicians and bureaucrats decide what was essential or not and pumped money into the economy to stimulate consumer spending. That is the root cause for the inflation we are experiencing. Biden's policies post covid have exacerbated the problem.

Corp profits are not a cause for inflation. The skyrocketing inflation we are experiencing is due to our response to covid and the administrations policies post covid.

We shut down production all over the world, let politicians and bureaucrats decide what was essential or not and pumped money into the economy to stimulate consumer spending. That is the root cause for the inflation we are experiencing. Biden's policies post covid have exacerbated the problem.

I would add then why didnt they just raise pricing before? Or why not even higher today.

Reactions: hog88
I've read economists asserting monetary policy as the chief determinant of inflation. Cheap money stimulates economic activity, so the Fed lowers rates when the economy cools. Demand increases when people have more money, so increasing the money supply increases economic activity, which increases demand and causes inflation. But other things are going on, like deficit spending by the government. When government spends money that it does not have, it borrows money by issuing bonds. I think the interest rates are marked to the market. Private money invested in U.S Treasury debt securities is not invested in business expansion or job creation. So government spending stimulates the economy, but large deficit spending has a long term inflationary affect by reducing supply of investment capital. $.02

I've read economists asserting monetary policy as the chief determinant of inflation. Cheap money stimulates economic activity, so the Fed lowers rates when the economy cools. Demand increases when people have more money, so increasing the money supply increases economic activity, which increases demand and causes inflation. But other things are going on, like deficit spending by the government. When government spends money that it does not have, it borrows money by issuing bonds. I think the interest rates are marked to the market. Private money invested in U.S Treasury debt securities is not invested in business expansion or job creation. So government spending stimulates the economy, but large deficit spending has a long term inflationary affect by reducing supply of investment capital. $.02

How much do we owe you for this in-depth analysis?

How dare those

How dare those mean old corporations / businesses to make a profit. Why can't they sell us their goods & services at cost??? Waaaa Waaaaa Waaaaaa

Your thread title is a declarative statement you attempted to back up with an unrelated article. Your responses make me feel like I dialed Moviephone and Kramer answered

Your threat title is a declarative statement you attempted to back up with an unrelated article. Your responses make me feel like I dialed Moviephone and Kramer answered

This thread is not about your feelings. You can discuss the issues, or not.

This thread is not about your feelings. You can discuss the issues, or not.
I never made it about feelings. I asked you to back up the assertion made when you started this thread and you either can't or won't. I know where my vote falls on that.

Your thread title is a declarative statement you attempted to back up with an unrelated article. Your responses make me feel like I dialed Moviephone and Kramer answered
a529191e.gif

Your post was incomplete without a Seinfeld gif...plus adding it irritates the poster who said we needed to cease and desist on Seinfeld gifs....so win-win.

Reactions: StarRaider
I never made it about feelings. I asked you to back up the assertion made when you started this thread and you either can't or won't. I know where my vote falls on that.

Then you missed my clear statement about the purpose of the OP, to stimulate discussion about the inflation. If you are not up for that, then you are aren't, and I cannot help you with that.

VN Store

Back