Coach Heupel is a very strong Christian

Exactly.

They will throw you under the pew for not sitting on the front row or missing 1 Sunday but call them out for making church a social scene or only coming when they need a “little more status” and I’m the devil?

Don’t drink alcohol
No sex
No tattoos
Go to church Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday, and both Services on Sunday
If your not in the choir your not a real Christian

It’s all bologna.
Weird I’ve never heard any of those general statements in a church

Reactions: Y9 Vol
Lmao to be fair he does live in a sh**** part of town so he probably could see the air as it waifs from KARM

Yeah, it's a real **** part of town with a median house price of 380k 🤣🤣🤣

Quit nuthugging your police scanner and do some research. Crime's all over Knoxville, buddy.

"I think we’re way ahead of schedule in really any way you measure it," White said. "I mean, we’re in Year 2 of our five-year strategic plan where we hoped by the end of Year 5 to maybe have the stadium sold out, and it’s been sold out now a second year in a row.

Just to put things in perspective:

Derek Dooley was 15-21 in 3 seasons
Butch Jones was 34-27 in 5 seasons
Jeremy Pruitt went 16-19 in his three seasons

Heupel has led the program to a 27-12 record in his three seasons in Knoxville.

Heupel's 27 wins are the second-most through a Tennessee coach's first 39 games and third-most in his first three seasons. The program is tied with LSU for the third-most wins in the SEC since his arrival with 20 and only sit behind Georgia (28) and Alabama (23) within the conference.

He has also brought back-to-back top-20 finishes in the polls in 2022 (No. 6) and 2023 (No. 17).

And for me, personally, perhaps the best thing he has been able to do is change the culture in Knoxville.

Nice post.

He is honest about his faith, leads the program by the teachings of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
If CJH is introducing purposefully Christianity, or any other religion, into the locker room, he should be fired immediately.

Nice post.

If CJH is introducing purposefully Christianity, or any other religion, into the locker room, he should be fired immediately.
This discussion has history.

Nice post.

Dumb. If he's forcing people to participate then yes. If he wants to lead a prayer, even if its to the great spaghetti monster in the sky, then he should do so

The best way to winning football games is to keep religious BS out of the locker room and off the field. It's nothing but divisive...just like in this thread.
Good God, that's not an absolute truth. I know before/after game team prayers have been practiced by a number of championship teams, at all levels. It's a fact. Players can join in, but aren't required to do it. That's been going on forever. I've experienced it first hand

Reactions: MemphisVol77

VN Store

Back