George Floyd was actually an evil man.

Well it probably wouldn’t have happened if her skirt wasn’t so short...wait wrong thread...sort of

Reactions: perico
Lol. Prove it.
Per NPR.com:

In the autopsy report, the Hennepin County (Minnesota) Medical Examiner released last Monday, it was ruled that George Floyd's death was a homicide. The office said that Floyd's heart and lungs stopped functioning "while being restrained" by law enforcement. Furthermore, the report added that Floyd died due to "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restrain, and neck compression,".

Now, in conjunction with the video showing Officer Derek Chauvin kneeling on the back of George Floyd's neck for 8 minutes, you tell me who will have the more difficult task during the trial (assuming it goes to trial)... the District Attorney's office or Derek Chauvin's legal defense team?

It simply doesnt matter. No one deserves to die like that. Slowly suffocating while begging for your life at the hands of someone who is supposed to be serving and protecting. If he's committing a crime then arrest him and take him to jail. It didnt have to be like that. Police are not executioners. It's an especially bad look when white mass murders are often taken alive with minimal force. Dylan Roof was brought Burger King by police in jail after he murdered 9 people.
Burger King sucks.

The cop executed a man who was in handcuffs face down on the pavement crying for his mother. Shouldn't that be considered evil too? What punishment does Chauvin deserve?

He's been arrested and he'll get justice. Do you think he'll be fine in prison?

Per NPR.com:

In the autopsy report, the Hennepin County (Minnesota) Medical Examiner released last Monday, it was ruled that George Floyd's death was a homicide. The office said that Floyd's heart and lungs stopped functioning "while being restrained" by law enforcement. Furthermore, the report added that Floyd died due to "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restrain, and neck compression,".

Now, in conjunction with the video showing Officer Derek Chauvin kneeling on the back of George Floyd's neck for 8 minutes, you tell me who will have the more difficult task during the trial (assuming it goes to trial)... the District Attorney's office or Derek Chauvin's legal defense team?

He’s guilty before he’s even tried. Nobody can prove this was premeditated. Nobody knows how much force he was using with the departmental approved restraint. We can all agree there was a point where they should’ve lessened the force used to restrain the criminal. They didn’t and should be held accountable for the excessive force. The drugs and health conditions pertaining to the criminal should also be taken into account. The racist angle is complete bs as well.

He’s guilty before he’s even tried. Nobody can prove this was premeditated. Nobody knows how much force he was using with the departmental approved restraint. We can all agree there was a point where they should’ve lessened the force used to restrain the criminal. They didn’t and should be held accountable for the excessive force. The drugs and health conditions pertaining to the criminal should also be taken into account. The racist angle is complete bs as well.

Eggshell skull - Wikipedia

Reactions: NashVol11
Did you read the medical examiner report? He didn’t die of strangulation and there was no damage or bruising to his neck. His heart and excited delirium caused his death from the incident
This is wrong. In the charging documents, prosecutors said that the preliminary results from an autopsy "revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation". However, the report from the medical examiner did not include such language. The Hennepin Country (Minnesota) Medical Examiner released an autopsy report last Monday, ruling George Floyd's death was a homicide. The office said that George Floyd's heart and lungs stopped functioning "while being restrained" by law enforcement officers. The report also stated that Floyd had died due to "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restrain, and neck compression,".

It shouldn’t matter if it were Hitler on the ground. Floyd being a POS is immaterial.

The issue is the police executed somebody without due process or concern while he was begging for his life. They walked away afterward like they did nothing wrong and had zero worry. End of story.

As far a canonizing Floyd, I agree it is over the top. But it literally doesn’t matter to the bigger issue of police brutality.
I agree with you that the cop shouldn't have done what he did, and I still do believe he should face legal consequences. I'm pretty unsure on if we have an issue of overly brutal police on this country though. I'm not saying I reject the possibility, but it does seem that some are overly eager to condemn the police

Reactions: Rickyvol77
It now appears Floyd was calling for his mother partly because he was high as a kite though he didn't deserve to die like that. As I mentioned earlier two things can be true. It's the complexities of life that make that possible.

I've highlighted the important bit. The nuances are much less important.

Reactions: NashVol11
It's the same psychological phenomena wth Trump/Obama/Steve Jobs/etc devotees.

We need our heroes to be wholly virtuous and our villains wholly scandalous.
When it comes to Trump about 30% of the electorate see him as basically virtuous, 30% as basically villainous and the rest either don’t GAS or live in some kind of bubble.

The drugs in Floyd's system should be taken into account and I'm sure they will be. The defense will no doubt make a big point of that. "The racist angle" is yet to be determined either valid or invalid. Chauvin could have just been a poorly trained officer. Whether he is a racist or not, it doesn't make George Floyd any less dead.

When it comes to Trump about 30% of the electorate see him as basically virtuous, 30% as basically villainous and the rest either don’t GAS or live in some kind of bubble.
I don't see him as virtuous. Just better than the alternatives that were presented

VN Store

Back