I smell an upset

Really have a good feeling about this weekend. We have strong players and a stout oline. This is a statement game for us. Traveling across the country to play the 2nd best team in the country. Butch will have our boys spitting fire! I know most are chalking up the L, but this weekend has the makings of a battle, and our team will dig deep and pull it off. The running game will be what gets us the W.

34-30

Man I hope your right. That would be so sweet for us to pull it off espesically after all the program has been through the last 5yrs. The biggest thing that conserns me is the awesome team speed the ducks have. Were really going to have to play real good D to hang in there. But you just never know that's why they play the game. GO VOLS!

a_finger_exercise_that_eliminates_almost_100_percent_of_stress.gif

Good one LG

Snorting, sniffing, snuffing and using all the Vicks Vapor I can. To be sure, this is an excellent opportunity to see this team play on the road against an A-1 speedy opponent.

I don't make predictions, but I'm very much looking forward to all our games this year. We will have to play a full 60 minutes of full chaos I think. It should be some swell entertainment.

I am ready! Go Vols

With Maggit and Smith back it will help on defense but we needed Vereen as well. Butch will probably show a lot more of the playbook on offense so it could get interesting. Oregon is like a stick of dynomite that has been lit, you don't know when it's going to go off! With that said I am hoping for an upset but it's unlikely.

Volnation, this may come as some surprise, but we are a good football team again. Thank Butch and co.

We aren't elite, but we aren't chopped bamboo anymore.

Oregon better bring their B game this week, or they will be in trouble.

Gawddam I wish Butch could have coached Bray, Hunter, and Cordarelle! Why did Fooley get them?????

because he recruited 2 of them?

I think we are a solid team too. Would love to beat Oregon but I also hope that if it gets bad the team comes back hungry and ready for the rest of the season. I see many winnable games ahead and I hope the team stays focused if they get some adversity

I hope y'all are right, but I just don't see it happening. Florida maybe, Oregon no. I hope I'm proven wrong though!

You never know, but a win in Oregon this weekend will be a tall mountain to climb. The Ducks are good, and we're a bit thin. Go Vols! I'll be pulling for our guys regardless!

Reactions: 1 person
If we have a chance at upsetting the ducks we must dominate the line of scrimmage. Our OL outweighs they're DL by over 30 lbs per man. Our DL is almost even with they're OL weight wise but McCullers must be disruptive.

Reactions: 1 person
Some need to take off their fooly shades, saban won when he first got to bama, not saying CBJ is saban but he sure as hell aint dooly. Every big upset has a team with a lot less talent but plays with a lot more heart can't predict the bounce of the ball but 110% for 4 quarters always gives u a chance

I love the optimism and as much as I love the Vols they're about another year maybe two away from an upset against Oregon. I believe if the Vols upset any ranked teams those upsets would be against one of two teams. One being Florida and the other being South Carolina. Florida and South Carolina I don't believe has showed the dominance that they could and if that hasn't changed by the time the Vols rolled into Gainesville, FL there could be an upset.

Tennessee's offense is going to have to step up and put points up on the board and do so consistently before they pull an upset over Oregon. I felt sorry for their defense on Saturday, yes they were rolling forcing turnovers and doing everything they could with a lot of success, but when the offense goes three and out for most of the first half their defense couldn't get rested enough.

Oregon is a whole lot faster paced than WKU is and if their defense has to stay on the field the way they did with WKU, Oregon's fast paced temp will have them gassed by the end of the 1st half.

Still just like you I will remain optimistic and cross my fingers and pray for a win.

Really have a good feeling about this weekend. We have strong players and a stout oline. This is a statement game for us. Traveling across the country to play the 2nd best team in the country. Butch will have our boys spitting fire! I know most are chalking up the L, but this weekend has the makings of a battle, and our team will dig deep and pull it off. The running game will be what gets us the W.

34-30

I smell one too, but its in College Station. Man I sure hope you are right!

VN Store

Back