MInd Your Manners in Neyland Stadium

There is a giant monitor attached to the stadium for those who dont feel like looking at my azz the whole game, or they can stand.

VOLS INC made a good point, Stand and scream your lungs out when we are on Defense, sit and be quiet while we are on offense, unless/until we make a big play than stand and repeat what you did on defense until the referee puts the ball back into play.

The one good point in the article:
Anybody disrespecting the National Anthem deserves to be dragged out into the street and beat. You disrespect that and you are disrespecting me and everyone who served this country. I have friends who never got to come home to their kids bc they fought and died to protect your rights, dont abuse them. I am willing to get kicked out of the stadium to defend their honor.

Reactions: 1 person
There is a giant monitor attached to the stadium for those who dont feel like looking at my azz the whole game, or they can stand.

VOLS INC made a good point, Stand and scream your lungs out when we are on Defense, sit and be quiet while we are on offense, unless/until we make a big play than stand and repeat what you did on defense until the referee puts the ball back into play.

Anybody disrespecting the National Anthem deserves to be dragged out into the street and beat. You disrespect that and you are disrespecting me and everyone who served this country. I have friends who never got to come home to their kids bc they fought and died to protect your rights, dont abuse them. I am willing to get kicked out of the stadium to defend their honor.

Dang good post.

Thank you for your service.
:salute:

Reactions: 2 people

Ironic that one of their rights fought for includes not having to stand up for the Anthem

Reactions: 1 person
Ironic that one of their rights fought for includes not having to stand up for the Anthem

I find it odd that they want me to sing along with the anthem. If that's the case, why bring in a special guest to sing if we're just supposed to drown that person out?

Been in plenty of fights, no misdemeanors to speak of. If you went UT and spent some time on the strip, im sure you have too.

Once again, im not talking about blocking dude in a wheel chair here. If you buy a ticket to a football game, it is common knowledge that people will be standing for most, if not all of the game. Of course people sit down from time to time.

I just thank God I'm not one of those people who cares if people stand up. I could not imagine being that much of a loser. I grew up with parents who were standers. My 80 year old grandpa still stands most the game.

Go ahead and sit, but i'll stand whenever i want, for how long as i want, because im at a freakin football game. And thats what people do. If there is a small child or elderly person behind me, i will gladly work something out with them.

I am pretty certain I have spent at least as much time as you on the Strip and have never been in a fight

Exhibit A right here folks.

And for the record, id love to see this. Wouldnt be the last you saw of me if you got me kicked out for standing at a UT game.

No one is going to get you kicked out for standing up. I said at inappropriate times.

You must be carefree about going to jail.

Nowadays you have to watch out for the folks who think its their right to have you kicked out because they wanna sit.

Just blows me away.

You need to take a step back. No one believes it is their right to have you kicked out unnecessarily.

didntread.gif

Why did you have to go and put a Saban gif in a Vol thread?

Reactions: 2 people

I'm not offended if you dont stand. I'll give a you a dirty look (unless you got a good reason) You're right, that is a right.

But if you DO decide to stand and sing, dont be acting a fool. Making fun of the words, or singing like a frickin moron to be funny. that's the point i was making. If somebody wants to sit, that's their ignorant choice, but dont make fun of the anthem cause then you're spitting in my face, like i said before.

(Note: when I say you, it's the preverbial "you", this isn't directed at you, Crusse.)

I find it odd that they want me to sing along with the anthem. If that's the case, why bring in a special guest to sing if we're just supposed to drown that person out?

Yea, I always thought sing in that instance was more like what the athletes do. Kinda mouth the words or something along those lines. I dont think anybody is expecting you to pull a mariah carey and overpower the guest singer being played over the speakers.

Last edited:
The beauty of it is you get a lot of opinions when you invite 100K fans to the party. I'm sure Vandy has no issues with people standing.

Attachments

• vandy stadium.jpg
    vandy stadium.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 2
Perspective. Thanks for that.

I wish more people realized good bad or indifferent 100K people is a lot of fans and Neyland is in many sections a very "tight" stadium. It's very vertical compared to most and in certain sections seating is cramped. It's why sitters and standers are at such odds because you don't have many "open" spots to avoid it. I've been to other venues where you can hang out in an isle if you like to stand or move up to the upper deck and stand. Also there is more knee room in other Stadiums which is IMO another cause of some people standing in Neyland. I've never been to any game in any stadium where there weren't a few d-bags or stick in the muds. The only place I've had the pleasure of saying I partied with 100K people though is Neyland.

Really....

If you want some piece and quite. Watch the game on your phone in the Cemetary. Just watch out for the zombies they will stand on occasion.

Or stay home and watch with your cats. Only make sure to put the catnip away prior to kickoff.

Life is to short to go quietly. Just sayin

VN Store

Back