Oregon could become 1st US state to decriminalize hard drugs

Actually logic would dictate that the easier something is to get, the more commonplace it would be. You legalize crack, meth, etc. then logically there will be more meth and crack addicts on the street. Crack addicts and meth addicts are unemployable. Meth addicts and crack addicts would then have no income to support their habit, so they would be forced to steal and rob to support their habits. It's entirely logical.

Do you even know anyone who has been addicted to crack or meth? I do, and it has ruined not only their lives, but severely affected everyone's lives around them.

Yeah, except there's a sample size of data that directly contradicts your fear-based assumptions.

Nice emotional appeal. Next!

What is it with your obsession with sodomy?
A long time ago he talked about being "taken advantage of" while in the navy. I'm guessing that really influenced his beliefs today. Really pounded them home if you will

The only amendment that I can find that allows for the promulgation of the war on drugs is the “eff you” amendment written on the back of the constitution because the 9th and 10th sure don’t allow it.

Reactions: hog88
Yes, you are beyond stupid and demonstrate it daily.

I never said anything about doing away with pharmacies and pharmacists but you shouldn’t need a prescription to buy medication from them. Recreational drugs should be sold like booze at the liquor store.

And yes, the overprescribing of antibiotics is 100x more dangerous than recreational drugs.

Good God....

Reactions: OHvol40
Great. Let’s put more people in jail for drugs where forced “sodomy” does not exist. Win win.

Or we could make it legal and habe addictions where they'll do anything to pay for their habbits. Is prison sodemy worse than a drug addict attacking innocent people to get drug money. I know its a lose lose situation but you can't tell me legalizing hard drugs is good, no matter how small an amount

Here's the measure summary:

Oregon Measure 110, the Drug Decriminalization and Addiction Treatment Initiative, is on the ballot in Oregon as an initiated state statute on November 3, 2020.[1]
A "yes" vote supports making personal non-commercial possession of a controlled substance no more than a Class E violation (max fine of $100 fine) and establishing a drug addiction treatment and recovery program funded in part by the state's marijuana tax revenue and state prison savings.

Or we could make it legal and habe addictions where they'll do anything to pay for their habbits. Is prison sodemy worse than a drug addict attacking innocent people to get drug money. I know its a lose lose situation but you can't tell me legalizing hard drugs is good, no matter how small an amount
We don’t have addictions now? Drug addicts don’t attack innocent people under the wod?The critiques you offer of legalized drugs are actually an indictment of the wod.

I doubt we would see much of an uptick if any in the amount of drug addicts should they be legalized. Few people refrain from using drugs because they are illegal.

Here's the measure summary:

Oregon Measure 110, the Drug Decriminalization and Addiction Treatment Initiative, is on the ballot in Oregon as an initiated state statute on November 3, 2020.[1]
A "yes" vote supports making personal non-commercial possession of a controlled substance no more than a Class E violation (max fine of $100 fine) and establishing a drug addiction treatment and recovery program funded in part by the state's marijuana tax revenue and state prison savings.
Your state is full of morons

A long time ago he talked about being "taken advantage of" while in the navy. I'm guessing that really influenced his beliefs today. Really pounded them home if you will

Maybe his wide stance in the head led to an unexpected yet steamy encounter one day.

Ok, anyone that still supports our current drug laws is a moron. How's that?

They are a failure and there is no other way to look at it.
The opioid crisis and the crime associated with it is not directly caused by the laws that enforce drug possession.

Since the 1990s, the number of people put in prison simply for possession of a little amount or marijuana or harder drugs has been going down for decades.

The issue is that they are already on probation for OTHER multiple crimes (thefts, assaults, robberies, etc) or are actually selling drugs (which would not go away as a charge under legalization). Legalization will not decrease anything concerning arrests and will only lead to further type crimes being committed and more addicts

Reactions: AM64
Ok, anyone that still supports our current drug laws is a moron. How's that?

They are a failure and there is no other way to look at it.

It’s odd how they tend to overlap with almost every other crime. Removing a label doesn’t fix anything.

I'm all for states operating as their locals desire. I believe states should be able to outlaw or legalize gay marriage and other such things.

If Oregon passes this, then TN drug users should move there in droves. Win win.
Would be fine except they’ll force taxpayers to support the deadbeats

How much taxpayer funds have been thrown at that slogan with little to nothing to show for it?
At a federal level? as with everything else too much money.

Locally, not much different than any other crime you are dealing with

VN Store

Back