Two concerning things about Heupel so far in his tenure here that bother me.

I thought about all this and I understand it. But not playing him this year has the potential to affect next year. 1-2 losses and no playoff.
He played a great game vs. Iowa, unfazed by the moment, and will get all the #1 reps spring and fall. He should be just as good as if he had played in mop-up duty all season. I think he was handled perfectly given the way the season unfolded. And, just maybe, it will entice him to be the starter 3 seasons vs. 2.

1. His ridiculous loyalty to Joe Milton as the starter. It’s crazy to think if Milton hadn’t got hurt in 2021 we would have never seen the greatness of Hendon Hooker and as we all
know was clearly the much better QB. We wouldn’t have gone 11-2 last season either. Remember Joe was always Heup’s guy from day one the moment he got here. Hooker was brought here by Pruitt and Jim Chaney. It also makes me wonder if Nico wasn’t ready to start and play earlier in the season based on what I saw in the bowl game. Did Joe have incriminating photos on Heupel or something?

2. Retaining Tim Banks and Wille Martinez for a fourth year. I can maybe roll with bringing Banks back but Willie too I just don’t understand. The secondary and DB’s have not improved and just regressed if anything. He’s a terrible coach that Georgia didn’t want 15 years ago I didn’t want him when he was here with Butch. It’s asinine to retain him another season we have all seen enough and there is enough stats and data since 2021 to see that he needs to go and Banks probably does as well but definitely keep RG he’s the only defensive coach that is earning his money. It just appears that Heupel won’t fire his buddies and unfortunately that’s gonna cost him his job eventually. Highly successful coaches like Kirby and Harbaugh and others know when they need to shake up their staffs and make changes to keep improving and not get stagnant. And if that means firing your friends well so be it, coaching is a business.
Kirby landed Bama’s DB coach today to be safeties coach and co defense coordinator while Muschamp is being demoted to analyst. Supposedly Muschamp wants to spend more family time but I think Kirby saw an opportunity to upgrade his staff.

Reactions: DarkVolder and Remy
Kirby landed Bama’s DB coach today to be safeties coach and co defense coordinator while Muschamp is being demoted to analyst. Supposedly Muschamp wants to spend more family time but I think Kirby saw an opportunity to upgrade his staff.
This is part of the reason why UGA has 2 nattys in the last 3 years. Smart off-season moves - coaches and portal.

Reactions: DarkVolder
He played a great game vs. Iowa, unfazed by the moment, and will get all the #1 reps spring and fall. He should be just as good as if he had played in mop-up duty all season. I think he was handled perfectly given the way the season unfolded. And, just maybe, it will entice him to be the starter 3 seasons vs. 2.
The only thing I saw he needed to work on was his feel of the pocket. He held the ball a bit long a few too many times. A few more reps and that kink could have been worked out.

Reactions: Rocky Top T
I wasn't going to but I have no choice. This is another cattleprod worthy post from a key member of the LOTM. This fine poster has brought some interesting concerns.

1) Blind loyalty to Joe Milton :rolleyes: Everyone on here, At least those with functioning brain calls, knew that this would be a difficult year. On top of the already present attrition from an offensive side, we lost our starting center, which in Heupel's offensive is a massive issue. It was a concern from Spring training on because they had difficulty in getting anyone to understand the extreme complexity of the position in this offense. Due to the speed, the center calls the bulk of the protections as he is getting over the ball with very little adjustment by the QB. Second, fully realizing that Nico Iamaleava was more talented the Joe Milton, he realized that PUTTING A 6'6" LESS THAN 200 POUND TRUE FRESHMAN QB INTO AN SEC MEATGRINDER WAS REALLY STUPID, made the decision to play the long game and try to succeed with a player he knew could at least survive this rough season and let Nico get a little stronger for next year. We got a really good indication of just how special this QB can be next year. Look at the QBs for UT over the last 50 years and you will find a dozen that were far worse than Joe Milton. This is of course lost on the Legion of the Miserable.

2) The constant diatribe about "loyalty to coaches". This fine example VOL fandom has forgotten a couple of facts.
a) This DC and defensive staff in general was saddled with a non-existent roster when they got here. There were very few scholarship players that were not involved in the idiotic former coach's laughable attempt at cheating. ALL of the higher rated players jumped into the portal and off campus. They had to work with what they had. They tried to undo the so-called coaching from the defensive genius that was Beldar, but were admittedly unable to do so. Also, they were trying to convince recruits that they really wanted to come to play in a defense that would require them to be on the field more than any other team in the country. He is just now starting to get some of the real pieces he wanted into the gameplan.

b) They have now dumped all of the left-over players that they could not fix. We saw a good dose of how good the younger secondary players look at this time, with more growth coming over the offseason. But also lost on this crew.

3) COACH CAN'T RECRUIT 😱😭
Same old malarky. Amazingly, this is year THREE, not year 5+ This team was under a potential major NCAA penalty that could have prevented post season play at the very least. Saddle that with a new young coach and a team coming off an epically bad season. Did you forget? We were 3 and 7 and looked horrible doing it. Really fertile ground for recruiting. CJH got whatever he could get in the first year, primarily because he didn't have any time to even prepare a war room little less be able to get out and recruit. Each of the next two classes has been trying to get the best available people while operating under the gift from Beldar that keeps on giving.....scholarship restrictions! Also trying to build a resume. It looks to be working as the level of player wanting to come to UT continues to go up.

I know this is going to trigger the whiners of the LOTM, but that is fine. Their constant stream of crap triggered me to the point that I didn't even want to get on this site because I get tired of reading mindless tripe.

(To those who actually know what you are talking about and have functioning brain cells I apologize sincerely for the length and tone of this post) [to the LOTM, I truly could not care less how you feel about it]

1. His ridiculous loyalty to Joe Milton as the starter. It’s crazy to think if Milton hadn’t got hurt in 2021 we would have never seen the greatness of Hendon Hooker and as we all
know was clearly the much better QB. We wouldn’t have gone 11-2 last season either. Remember Joe was always Heup’s guy from day one the moment he got here. Hooker was brought here by Pruitt and Jim Chaney. It also makes me wonder if Nico wasn’t ready to start and play earlier in the season based on what I saw in the bowl game. Did Joe have incriminating photos on Heupel or something?

2. Retaining Tim Banks and Wille Martinez for a fourth year. I can maybe roll with bringing Banks back but Willie too I just don’t understand. The secondary and DB’s have not improved and just regressed if anything. He’s a terrible coach that Georgia didn’t want 15 years ago I didn’t want him when he was here with Butch. It’s asinine to retain him another season we have all seen enough and there is enough stats and data since 2021 to see that he needs to go and Banks probably does as well but definitely keep RG he’s the only defensive coach that is earning his money. It just appears that Heupel won’t fire his buddies and unfortunately that’s gonna cost him his job eventually. Highly successful coaches like Kirby and Harbaugh and others know when they need to shake up their staffs and make changes to keep improving and not get stagnant. And if that means firing your friends well so be it, coaching is a business.
It concerns me that your a TN fan

I wasn't going to but I have no choice. This is another cattleprod worthy post from a key member of the LOTM. This fine poster has brought some interesting concerns.

1) Blind loyalty to Joe Milton :rolleyes: Everyone on here, At least those with functioning brain calls, knew that this would be a difficult year. On top of the already present attrition from an offensive side, we lost our starting center, which in Heupel's offensive is a massive issue. It was a concern from Spring training on because they had difficulty in getting anyone to understand the extreme complexity of the position in this offense. Due to the speed, the center calls the bulk of the protections as he is getting over the ball with very little adjustment by the QB. Second, fully realizing that Nico Iamaleava was more talented the Joe Milton, he realized that PUTTING A 6'6" LESS THAN 200 POUND TRUE FRESHMAN QB INTO AN SEC MEATGRINDER WAS REALLY STUPID, made the decision to play the long game and try to succeed with a player he knew could at least survive this rough season and let Nico get a little stronger for next year. We got a really good indication of just how special this QB can be next year. Look at the QBs for UT over the last 50 years and you will find a dozen that were far worse than Joe Milton. This is of course lost on the Legion of the Miserable.

2) The constant diatribe about "loyalty to coaches". This fine example VOL fandom has forgotten a couple of facts.
a) This DC and defensive staff in general was saddled with a non-existent roster when they got here. There were very few scholarship players that were not involved in the idiotic former coach's laughable attempt at cheating. ALL of the higher rated players jumped into the portal and off campus. They had to work with what they had. They tried to undo the so-called coaching from the defensive genius that was Beldar, but were admittedly unable to do so. Also, they were trying to convince recruits that they really wanted to come to play in a defense that would require them to be on the field more than any other team in the country. He is just now starting to get some of the real pieces he wanted into the gameplan.

b) They have now dumped all of the left-over players that they could not fix. We saw a good dose of how good the younger secondary players look at this time, with more growth coming over the offseason. But also lost on this crew.

3) COACH CAN'T RECRUIT 😱😭
Same old malarky. Amazingly, this is year THREE, not year 5+ This team was under a potential major NCAA penalty that could have prevented post season play at the very least. Saddle that with a new young coach and a team coming off an epically bad season. Did you forget? We were 3 and 7 and looked horrible doing it. Really fertile ground for recruiting. CJH got whatever he could get in the first year, primarily because he didn't have any time to even prepare a war room little less be able to get out and recruit. Each of the next two classes has been trying to get the best available people while operating under the gift from Beldar that keeps on giving.....scholarship restrictions! Also trying to build a resume. It looks to be working as the level of player wanting to come to UT continues to go up.

I know this is going to trigger the whiners of the LOTM, but that is fine. Their constant stream of crap triggered me to the point that I didn't even want to get on this site because I get tired of reading mindless tripe.

(To those who actually know what you are talking about and have functioning brain cells I apologize sincerely for the length and tone of this post) [to the LOTM, I truly could not care less how you feel about it]
Prude85, just don’t click on the thread. It’s quite simple.

Reactions: Chitlin&theDude
Gopher, We are all just on this anonymous board speculating and inserting our opinions. You may consider not taking others words too personal.
Nothing taken personal at all, just seems stupid to be concerned about CJH and his decisions when we have no idea what they are based on. We are not there, to say his loyalty to Joe was concerning seems to insinuate that he didnt play the players who gave him the best chance to win.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Nothing taken personal at all, just seems stupid to be concerned about CJH and his decisions when we have no idea what they are based on. We are not there, to say his loyalty to Joe was concerning seems to insinuate that he didnt play the players who gave him the best chance to win.
Gopher, what you think is stupid may not necessarily be stupid to others.

So it had nothing to do with getting Nico experience, it’s just about your dislike for Joe. 👍
Um Joe wasn’t in a Heisman Trophy race. Peyton was. I don’t know how clearer I can be. You have an orange here and you are comparing it to an apple over there.

Reactions: DarkVolder
Some of these post just blow my mind. Many fans will never be satisfied if Jesus Christ was head coach. Lets take a poll and to determine how many fans would like to just eliminate football and give in to volleyball ! I honestly feel sometimes that this site may keep some of the 5* recruits from wanting to come here to play.

Reactions: FollowTheLeader
Um Joe wasn’t in a Heisman Trophy race. Peyton was. I don’t know how clearer I can be. You have an orange here and you are comparing it to an apple over there.

lol, not really sure what that has to do with getting the backup qb playing time but ok you win.🤪

I think CJH knows a lot more about the quarterback position than I do. Therefore, I won't criticize his decisions as to who plays. I have to trust he's doing things in the best interest of the program.

Reactions: MaTaLa

VN Store

Back