Alabama, Florida, and Georgia

Us other mere morals look at the whole body of work not just one play in one game. Can you name a coach that hasn’t made a bad call? Is Nick Saban a terrible coach because of the field goal attempt against Auburn? I think not but I think us rational people are willing to overlook some mistakes and look at a full body of work. And the editing is due to the fact that I’m traveling and trying to dictate while driving

Er, I wouldn’t be comparing Kirby to Saban:

Kirby…1 SEC title…0 National titles.

Saban…9…7.

If we’re going by the entire body of work, one of these coaches is not like the other.

He has the fourth highest winning percentage of all active coaches in fact he has ahead of Saban and Dabo. This narrative that he loses games he shouldn’t is not founded on facts. He has only lost to two teams who finished outside of the top 10 in his six years as head coach. He lost a Florida last year and he lost to South Carolina in 2019 otherwise he has only lost to very good teams which included the undefeated LSU Tigers and the undefeated Alabama Crimson Tide. When he loses he loses to a good team. If Heupel Is able to take you to the national championship game next year (like he did Georgia in year 2) then I think Vol fans would be estatic. If you competed for an SEC championship almost every year like Kirby does you would be loving life. Look I think Heupel He’s a good coach Tennessee won the games they should have one this year and nothing more but that’s a good start. They were competitive in two of the games they lost which is also a very good start. The problem is as Tennessee is trending up so are many other teams and the SEC is getting more and more competitive which is good for everybody. There are many good coaches in the SEC but right now what sets Alabama and Georgia apart is the crazy recruiting they do and until someone puts an end that they will be the cream of the crop for the foreseeable future. Yes they’re both going to lose a game hereans there it’s just not going to be routine and everyone’s gonna have to play their best game to do it.

Kirby has woke up with top recruiting classes every year that he has been there. What has he done with them?

How many titles have you guys won? I would say what sets you and Alabama apart are 18 (claimed..) titles to 2. 1980 is a long f'ing time ago, the players on that squad are AARP members and qualify for medicare. After he screws this season up it may be feasible that UT will win another title before UGA does. On the off chance that Kirbs somehow sells his soul and gets his championship this year its my guess this team will be on medicare before it happens again, at least if we look at history and past performance that should be the result....

No one has performed less with more than Kirby. No one quite under achieves like UGA. UGA is like the promising young kid that gets a facial tattoo and a liberal arts degree..

Kirby will somehow screw this up also always a bridesmaid... never a bride.

Kirby has woke up with top recruiting classes every year that he has been there. What has he done with them?

How many titles have you guys won? I would say what sets you and Alabama apart are 18 (claimed..) titles to 2. 1980 is a long f'ing time ago, the players on that squad are AARP members and qualify for medicare. After he screws this season up it may be feasible that UT will win another title before UGA does. On the off chance that Kirbs somehow sells his soul and gets his championship this year its my guess this team will be on medicare before it happens again, at least if we look at history and past performance that should be the result....

No one has performed less with more than Kirby. No one quite under achieves like UGA. UGA is like the promising young kid that gets a facial tattoo and a liberal arts degree..

He’s only been coach in Georgia for six years and yet has taken them to the national title game in his second year. Two of his six years Alabama and LSU went undefeated and nobody was beating them those years. Georgia has played Alabama as tuff as anybody. This narrative on Kirby is just not based on facts. He has done quite a bit in his six years. He’s only lost one game he was supposed to win and that was an overtime lost a South Carolina. I think fans of any team will take his record.

He’s only been coach in Georgia for six years and yet has taken them to the national title game in his second year. Two of his six years Alabama and LSU went undefeated and nobody was beating them those years. Georgia has played Alabama as tuff as anybody. This narrative on Kirby is just not based on facts. He has done quite a bit in his six years. He’s only lost one game he was supposed to win and that was an overtime lost a South Carolina. I think fans of any team will take his record.

So how many titles has he or UGA won?

Ohhh moral victories. Got ya.

This will change next year regarding Florida. It has to, or we will be stuck being merely above average to average in the East.

We have beaten every other East team this year except for uga and uf (a feat no coach since Fulmer has accomplished until Heupel, BTW, unless you count Kiffin, but he didn't have to play Missouri that year).

Of the two remaining, uf is obvioulsy a much easier "get" next year than uga.

Uf is the next step.

Additionally, we need to exorcise those mental ghosts once and for all.

We have said wait until next year with UF forever. It doesn’t change. Regardless of the coaching staff or players. And I just don’t understand it. I mean this years UF team got road graded by a terrible SC team that we beat almost 4 TDs. Yet UF beat us by 4 TDs.

What mental ghosts? I mean this is a brand new coaching staff. I just honestly don’t get it.

Um
Vols ranked No. 18 in total offense in 2012 …

Can you guess their final record or how many wins they had against Bama/UGA/UF?
you are putting a great offense on the table for sure. However we also had a historically terrible defense. 1 game example Tyler Bray and the bunch went wire to wire moving ball and scoring yet barely beat lowly Troy. If he makes 1 mistake we lose to Troy. Our defense under Sal Sunseri couldn't get a stop. So your 2012 example is not what I would point too.

While its clear Heuples identity is this quick strike uptempo offense. Our defense will never be as atrocious as that 2012 bunch. I refuse to ever believe that. Our team will get some some stops even with depleted roster we have now. Can you imagine once we get some line backers?

So how many titles has he or UGA won?

Ohhh moral victories. Got ya.
All any fan of any team can ask for is to be in the thick of the hunt every year and Kirby has put Georgia there. Hopefully Heupel will put you there in the future. And if or when he does you will say he is great (even if he doesn’t win a natty in the next 5 years). If you play for the sec championship 3 out of his 6 years as well as get to the playoffs 2 our of 6 we will me reading about how great a coach he is. You aren’t going to experience this but if you did I think you would say it’s more than a moral victory.

17 straight losses to Alabama

Lost 16 of last 17 against Florida (Kentucky has a better record against Florida during this period)

3-14 against Georgia

All since Fulmer left. This is why Tennessee is the laughing stock of College Football. To get to the next level, we should start beating these teams at some point. Florida should be vulnerable next year and we NEED to beat them to turn the corner. Beating Kentucky, Missouri, and South Carolina is nice but at some point we need to break through.
Your numbers aren’t even correct. We’ve not lost 17 straight to Bama, it’s 15 (2007-21) and we’re not 3-14 vs. UGA we’re 5-12 (won 06, 07, 09, 15 and 16). They’re still not good but at least get the facts right before throwing stuff out.

This narrative that he loses games he shouldn’t is not founded on facts. He has only lost to two teams who finished outside of the top 10 in his six years as head coach. He lost a Florida last year and he lost to South Carolina in 2019 otherwise he has only lost to very good teams which included the undefeated LSU Tigers and the undefeated Alabama Crimson Tide. When he loses he loses to a good team. If Heupel Is able to take you to the national championship game next year (like he did Georgia in year 2) then I think Vol fans would be estatic. If you competed for an SEC championship almost every year like Kirby does you would be loving life. Look I think Heupel He’s a good coach Tennessee won the games they should have one this year and nothing more but that’s a good start. They were competitive in two of the games they lost which is also a very good start. The problem is as Tennessee is trending up so are many other teams and the SEC is getting more and more competitive which is good for everybody. There are many good coaches in the SEC but right now what sets Alabama and Georgia apart is the crazy recruiting they do and until someone puts an end that they will be the cream of the crop for the foreseeable future. Yes they’re both going to lose a game hereans there it’s just not going to be routine and everyone’s gonna have to play their best game to do it.
Was Vanderbilt in the top 10 in 2016?

Was Vanderbilt in the top 10 in 2016?
Let me correct myself. I meant to say in the last 4 years….but you get the point still. In sec championship game 4 of last 5 years. Playoffs 2 of last 4. Not a good coach at all. Trying to be amendable and complement the work your coach has done in the first year. I Can see that the years of losing have made you a bitter human being.

Let me correct myself. I meant to say in the last 4 years….but you get the point still. In sec championship game 4 of last 5 years. Playoffs 2 of last 4. Not a good coach at all. Trying to be amendable and complement the work your coach has done in the first year. I Can see that the years of losing have made you a bitter human being.
Calm down there Slick, I just asked a question. I can see your 40 year drought has you just as bitter and given you a smart mouth. I didn't invite you so I expect some common courtesy in my house.

Calm down there Slick, I just asked a question. I can see your 40 year drought has you just as bitter and given you a smart mouth. I didn't invite you so I expect some common courtesy in my house.
I
I see. You are correct. You were asking a question based on my not asking the question correctly the first time. So my question should have started “over the previous 4 years ….
Apologies. So in the past four years (5 including this year)….

Us other mere morals look at the whole body of work not just one play in one game. Can you name a coach that hasn’t made a bad call? Is Nick Saban a terrible coach because of the field goal attempt against Auburn? I think not but I think us rational people are willing to overlook some mistakes and look at a full body of work. And the editing is due to the fact that I’m traveling and trying to dictate while driving

You're just digging a deeper hole. The FG call against Auburn wasn't a bad call at all, even if it had little chance of being good, it was worth a shot. The kickoff return was pretty unpredictable and beat the odds by a wide margin (was kind of lucky).

There is no comparison.

Reactions: Behr
We have said wait until next year with UF forever. It doesn’t change. Regardless of the coaching staff or players. And I just don’t understand it. I mean this years UF team got road graded by a terrible SC team that we beat almost 4 TDs. Yet UF beat us by 4 TDs.

What mental ghosts? I mean this is a brand new coaching staff. I just honestly don’t get it.

I haven't said wait till next year with UF since 2006. The subsequent years were just a dull pile of misery.

As for this year, we have played much better since Hooker was the official starter. he was nicked up for most of the Florida game.

We are much better now.

Heupel is not Jones, Pruitt, Dooley or even Kiffin. It will be different next year.

I just hope Mullen rallies and wins these next two games so that he is still around next year.

He’s finished within 5 spots of his recruiting rankings every year he’s been at UGA besides the first. I would be willing to bet that there’s other coaches/programs finishing further off their recruiting rankings.

My prediction: Georgia loses to Alabama in the SEC championship. Then the Playoff committee make them play again in the first round of the playoffs because they don't want the potential of an all SEC NC game. Alabama beats them again. Alabama goes on to play Ohio State in the NC game and loses.

Not to me. Heupel has proven he can coach. They can easily win 9 games next year.

What 9 games are we "easily" going to win?

@Pitt, @lsu, Florida, Kentucky, @South Carolina are all probably toss-ups at best.

A good coach can go to LSU and immediately turn them around. They'll mudstomp us in all likelihood and we'll add in our annual skull@#(*#ing by Florida. That's 8-4 assuming we win @Pitt, Kentucky and @USC. And that's also making the assumption that Mizzou doesn't figure things out.

I honestly see 7-5 at best as I assume we lose Hooker and Tillman.

Alabama, Florida and Georgia? Okay. In my lifetime, all three have had periods of mediocrity.

Alabama: Mike DuBose, Dennis Franchione, Mike Shula (1997-2006)
Florida: Will Muschamp, Jim McElwain, Dan Mullen (2011 to present, and before that Galen Hall, Ron Zook)
Georgia: Ray Goff, Jim Donnan (1989-2000)

Things are cyclical, always have been. It's not like Florida's been great after Urban Meyer... just better than us so far. You know what fixes it? Getting the right AD putting the right coach in place. See: Florida following Galen Hall with Spurrier, or us bringing in Johnny Majors after Bill Battle. Good coaches can maximize the talent that's there, produce consistent results, and build things. Mark Richt actually did a pretty respectable job of that at Georgia before Kirby Smart came along and seemingly has got them over the hump... kind of similar to Fulmer following Majors, really.

Partway through season one of a new coach's tenure is maybe not the ideal time to decide whether we're trending in the right direction. It's sure been fun to watch this year, though!

I’m sure this is news to Coach Hype. He figured he could lose those 3 every year and we would be happy. 🙄
This is his first year and it was the depth that hurt us agains GA and Bama. Give the guy more than 3/4 of a season with a team that wasn’t stripped of most of the high star rated players at skilled positions. The timing of this thread is very trollish

He has the fourth highest winning percentage of all active coaches in fact he has ahead of Saban and Dabo. This narrative that he loses games he shouldn’t is not founded on facts. He has only lost to two teams who finished outside of the top 10 in his six years as head coach. He lost a Florida last year and he lost to South Carolina in 2019 otherwise he has only lost to very good teams which included the undefeated LSU Tigers and the undefeated Alabama Crimson Tide. When he loses he loses to a good team. If Heupel Is able to take you to the national championship game next year (like he did Georgia in year 2) then I think Vol fans would be estatic. If you competed for an SEC championship almost every year like Kirby does you would be loving life. Look I think Heupel He’s a good coach Tennessee won the games they should have one this year and nothing more but that’s a good start. They were competitive in two of the games they lost which is also a very good start. The problem is as Tennessee is trending up so are many other teams and the SEC is getting more and more competitive which is good for everybody. There are many good coaches in the SEC but right now what sets Alabama and Georgia apart is the crazy recruiting they do and until someone puts an end that they will be the cream of the crop for the foreseeable future. Yes they’re both going to lose a game hereans there it’s just not going to be routine and everyone’s gonna have to play their best game to do it.
It is pretty easy when a good coach takes over a football team which already has top 3-4 talent in the Nation. I firmly believe that , as well as he has done at Georgia, he should have won more SEC championships and at least One National championship since he has been at Georgia, He seems to find a way to lose the big game at the wrong time. If he wins the Playoff series this year, then I believe he may be in the sam category as Dabo, but nor year ready to be on a par with Saban. Kirby has talent running our the ears and inherited great talent when he came to Georgia. If I was a Georgia, fan I would be disappointed in his performance especially if he does not win the Playoff series his year. The SEC Championship should tell us who is the best team in the Nation.

Last season TN lost to Bama, UF, and UGA by an average of 22 points. This year, by an average of 25 points. Seems like a fair question to ask how this is trending up.
Plus 2020 Bama and Florida would stomp a mud hole in 2021 Bama and Florida

I know you are 'slow' dog but, you don't have to broadcast your ignorance.

Tennessee total offense ranking:

2018 - 122
2019 - 100
2020 - 102
2021 (through 11/13) - 21

I'm fairly certain that fits the definition of "trending in the right direction". What an insufferable fanbase.
Florida is 9th in total offense. Nebraska is 16th. So I guess they are "trending in the right direction".

VN Store

Back