The Initial '08-'09 Hoops Trap 10.

I understand that some people on here feel that UNC is chokers and Lord knows they're Duke's greatest rivals, but I'm buying into their hype. They're main flaw will be defense, if Roy can coach the kids up to bringing intensity to both sides of the court then Heel fans should be fairly confident about the upcoming season

Question for anyone:

Not including Tyler Smith, which Bruce Pearl recruited player will make it to the NBA first?

Go ahead and put them in the top 7 Hat. Bobby Maze is "The Solution". Ask anyone who went to the RTL, this kid is awesome at finishing in traffic and has a decent midrange and outside game. He is quick on quick and a tenacious defender. On top of that West looks like he will be a servicable back up.

sorry, but that's not saying a whole lot when you're basing it solely on the RTL. That's like comparing Micheal Jordan against an elementary school's 2-3 zone

Question for anyone:

Not including Tyler Smith, which Bruce Pearl recruited player will make it to the NBA first?

what do you mean? who will be the first other than Smith to get drafted or who will be the first other than Smith to make an impact in the NBA?

and for both, I'll say Scotty Hopson

Hat, if memory serves me, you said we would be a FF team if Tyler returned and we got Hopson. Still as strong on that assessment or have you backed off that one a little? If so, is it because of other teams being better or UT not looking as good to you?

Hat, if memory serves me, you said we would be a FF team if Tyler returned and we got Hopson. Still as strong on that assessment or have you backed off that one a little? If so, is it because of other teams being better or UT not looking as good to you?

At the time that he said that, Ramar and Duke were still on the team.

That could be one of the boldest predictions I have ever heard...The team makes an elite eight in '07, final 4 in '08 (that's improvement), and will essentially have the same team out on the floor from the 2007 brigade. They played one bad (and I mean really bad) half in the tournament, down by 35+ points at one point and came back to within 4, and this was in the final 4! They lost to the National Champions, and have probably one of the top 3 best coaches in the country right now...Now I understand if they don't win the NC, because it only takes one bad game, but you think someone will knock out a team in that is this solid in the Sweet 16 or Elite 8? To boot, Wayne Ellington lost his shot around half way through the season! Anyways, you're crazy

And you obviously didn't read any of my other posts either.

The gap between Ramar's message board hype and his actual game performance was immense.

The gap between Ramar's message board hype and his actual game performance was immense.

Not really, he had the talent. Just look at his Freshman year. B-Maze may or may not be the solution, but I felt good about Ramar rebounding from last year's struggles

Ramar could have been a stud, he just didn't strike me as someone who wanted it enough. Regardless, he did regress in his sophomore year. For what reason, I don't know.

Not really, he had the talent. Just look at his Freshman year. B-Maze may or may not be the solution, but I felt good about Ramar rebounding from last year's struggles

I don't know much about B Maze yet, but I can't imagine him being as quick as Ramar. Being a true point, I would think he will be able to stay in control better than Ramar could.

I don't know much about B Maze yet, but I can't imagine him being as quick as Ramar. Being a true point, I would think he will be able to stay in control better than Ramar could.

I'm not as down on here as some are. I've yet to see him play since he's come to UT, but I wish he could shoot the ball a little better. The big knock on him by most is the way he presents himself. I see nothing wrong with it and he seems like a pretty cool guy. I like how he's already got the team involved with "I Put On For Tennessee". As for Negadu, time will tell, but he seems to me to be the same person as Duke Crews. I may be wrong, but looking at him physically he looks to be the same. I'm not sure if he's as strong as Duke, but he appears to be too short to play down low in college ball. I guess we'll see.

His Asst/TO ratio ranks him around 300 nationally. He only scored 20+ points once in his college career.

So he can't pass and can't score. Add to that, he went 0-12 from the line in a single game.

Ramar didn't come close to his expectations. So maybe the expectations were a bit high.

His Asst/TO ratio ranks him around 300 nationally. He only scored 20+ points once in his college career.

So he can't pass and can't score. Add to that, he went 0-12 from the line in a single game.

Ramar didn't come close to his expectations. So maybe the expectations were a bit high.

I think he did. He was the big reason we made a Sweet 16 and nearly an Elite 8 his first year. Yes, last year he regressed. He seemed mentally weak at times and was a lousy shooter. Keep in mind, he also had no one to help mentor him at the position. Jordan Howell? Ramar had no one to look up to that could have helped him learn.

he also started playing point guard his freshman year at UT. You cant learn a new position and be ready to start at that position in the SEC in the same year.

he also started playing point guard his freshman year at UT. You cant learn a new position and be ready to start at that position in the SEC in the same year.

His Freshman year wasn't bad. He was All-SEC Freshman first team. He did great as a Freshman with what he inherited

VN Store

Back